[KVIrc] Helping project

Szymon Stefanek pragma at kvirc.net
Sun Feb 24 19:30:46 CET 2008

On Sunday 24 February 2008, TheXception wrote:
> Current Qt3 version is working fine. We could tag it and done.
>
> So if i don't misunderstand you: you want to:
>
> 1. Work on current working Qt3 trunk.
> 2. Port Qmake/Qt4 branch back to Qt3 trunk
> 3. Drop Qt4 branch
> 4. Then if Qt4 is stable in Qt3 trunk split it up again

4. Then if Qt4 is stable, put Qt3 to sleep in a tag.

> you can't compile trunk with Mingw and Qt4 on windows
> Developers on windows would be forced to use a Qt4 commercial edition
> with Visual Studio.
> Which would be for new users or people who want to take part in
> developing process unacceptable.
>
> http://trolltech.com/developer/downloads/qt/windows
>--------------- *Please note that the Open Source Edition of Qt will support
> the MinGW compiler*.
> Visual Studio support and integration is provided with the commercial
> Editions of Qt.

Note that they're talking of "support" and "integration".
We don't care :D

The existing visual studio project do not absolutely rely
on Qt's support of Visual Studio. We simply use it as an external
library. Do you see any reason for that it wouldn't work ?

--

Szymon Stefanek