[KVIrc] mirror update

Jan Wagner waja at kvirc.de
Thu Aug 14 14:29:52 CEST 2008

On Wednesday 13 August 2008 14:59, Szymon Stefanek wrote:
> On Wednesday 13 August 2008, Tradebit Management wrote:
> > wget --mirror -nH --cut-dirs=2 ftp://ftp.kvirc.net/pub/kvirc/
> >
> > seems to timeout.
>
> Thnx for reporting: trying to fix this with the machine admins.
>
> By the meantime you could use one of the mirrors to sync up.
> ftp://ftp.kvirc.ru/pub/kvirc.net is pretty up to date.

Same goes for ftp.kvirc.de!

We should think about a system to switch the main mirror without involing the
local mirror admins itself. What about a internal hostname (maybe
master-ftp.kvirc.net or .de or whatever) and using this as master mirror and
the option to switch it, when happens anything with the original mirror.